Tuesday 3 May 2011

Logos and Narration

We decided to call our production company 'crescent moon'. Chris helped design the logo. We wanted something interesting and to look like a logo but to be kept simple.




We also had a look at different title logos for the the film. I did this on photoshop and came up with two different versions to give a general idea of how we wanted to present the title.




Narrator
We decided a good approach to the dialogue would be to have a non-diegetic narrator to read out a scripted voice over. We established that our narrator must have a deep and calm voice to fit with the mood of the opening. I asked my boyfriend to do the voice over for us when he came over. We recorded multiple versions to give us more material for editing, occasionally making alterations to the script to see if it fitted the scene any better.

Here is the original script for the voice over

"
A life of hardship and crime changes a man, it changed me. The subway wasn’t a mode of transport, it was a home, a way of life. I saw the population grow. One thing that never changed was people’s greed. Seeing this inside of every person walking past made it so much easier to lead a life of crime, and steal. There was one man though, it was after holding up this gas station. I was driving in the suburbs, not really concentrating where I was going, he was just there……

After that I realised I had become the same person as the people I was stealing from, driven by my greed for more. That day I decided to change. That day I became the silhouette. And this is my story.

A life of hardship and crime changes a man, it changed me. The subway wasn’t a mode of transport; it was a home, a way of life. I saw the population grow. One thing that never changed was people’s greed. Seeing greed inside every person who walked past made a life of crime guilt-free.

But there was one man. It was after I was holding up this gas station. I was driving back through the suburbs, not really concentrating where I was going, and he was just there……

After that I realised I had become the same person as the people I was stealing from, driven by my greed for more. That day I decided to change. That day I became the silhouette. And this is my story.
"



No comments:

Post a Comment